|Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffin|
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 cups Jules all purpose gluten free all purpose flour (already contains xantham gum, but if your favorite flour does not, add 1 teaspoon xantham gum to the flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice or sugar (evap cane juice is actually granulated like sugar - not a liquid)
- 1 cup coconut milk, not canned (or your preferred type)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan and some other sort of pan for the extra batter (I used a pie plate).
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup oil and sugar, milk, and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Using a spatula fold in bananas. Stir in chocolate chips or sprinkle on top - I only put 3-4 chips on top so they'd be a bit healthier.
- Fill prepared pan halfway with batter.
- Bake on the center rack for 35 minutes, rotating pan after 20 minutes. Cook until when you press on the loaf is bounces back slightly and a toothpick comes out clean. The pan may be done before the muffins if it's much thinner (mine was)
- Let muffins sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan. I like to turn them upside down so the bottom dries up a bit, especially since mine were so moist.
|Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins|
|bottom of muffins|