Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Birchbox Review

Another month, another Birchbox!  I was excited to open this month's Birthbox and wasn't disappointed!

Last  month is still my favorite box, but this one was pretty on-target with what I would want.  I was disappointed that there were only 5 samples instead of 6, but the website says 4-5, so it's not off target.

Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for upscale beauty products.  For $10, you get a box with 4-5 generous samples including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, and hair care.

Wanna try Birchbox?  I'd love it if you used my referral invite: Click here
1.  Wonderstuck Taylor Swift - this perfume was a strike-out for me.  It smells like cotton candy, which is exactly what I would expect from a perfume created my Taylor Swift.  I'll give this to one of my nieces - she'll be perfectly happy with it!  Full size- $49.50-$59.50
 

2.  Zoya True Spring Collection in Lotus - I love this color.  I've been wearing bright and unique colors on my nails lately and this is perfect.  It's supposed to go on opaque, so I won't have to use as  many coats.  I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will this week.  I really like Zoya nail polish, so I was really excited for this!  Full-size- $8

3.  Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer - I haven't used this, but I'll throw it in my travel toiletry bag for overnight trips.  My skin isn't super-picky and I've tried other Juice Beauty products, so I'm sure it will be fine.  Full size - $28, which is more than I prefer to spend on moisturizer.

4.  amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask - this contains rare omega acids and vitamin C and claims to boost shine and helps repair split ends.  I haven't used this yet.  I don't normally use deep conditioners, but since my hair is longer now, I'll give it a try.  Full size - $40, which I'd never pay.



5.  Lifestyle Extra: dropps Laundry Detergent - these are eco-friendly, single use detergent packs.  I thought this was a neat offering, considering April is Earth month.  Pack of 20 is $6, which isn't a bad price considering it's a measured dose.  It's easy to use more than the recommended amount of powdered and liquid detergents, so you don't necessary get the amount of loads out of a package that the label claims.  Update: I used these a few weeks ago and love the scent!  I would consider buying these in the future if they were on sale or I had a coupon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment