Monday, April 16, 2012

Workouts: April 9-13


I cooled with it extra workouts this week because I felt like I was headed into the over-training zone which I seem to find myself in every once in awhile.  I tell myself it's okay to do 2 workouts/day a few days of the week because often yoga is one of them, but the yoga classes that I take aren't exactly "relaxation" yoga - so they should count as a workout.  Since I still am mostly just using my legs because of my junk elbow, I don't want to over-train them to the point that they stop getting stronger. 

Monday:  
Noon:  Tabita Workout - 50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest; repeat 4x
Squat Jumps
Alternating Lunges
Mountain Climbers
Deadlifts with kettlebell
Burpees
Bridge Lifts

Elliptical for 10 minutes

5:30:  Core Power Yoga at Capital Club

Tuesday:
Noon:  Lunch with friend, no workout
830:  Reverse Power Co-ed Volleyball at Dublin Rec

Wednesday:
Noon:  25/5 workout - Each exercise 25 times, with 5 burpees between each
Elevated Single Leg Lunge
Squat to Toe Raise
Single Leg Deadlift with Kettlebell
Wall Sit
Toe Roll Iso-Lunge
Single Leg Back Lunge
Toe Raises (25 each of toes forward, pointing out, and pointing in)
Plie Squats
Standing Leg Lifts (25 each of side, back, and forward)
Hamstring Curls on Ball
Hip Raises
Kettlebell Swings

Thursday:
Noon: Spinning

5:30: Yoga at Capital Club - I did Wheel for the first time and it didn't hurt my elbow!

Friday: 
Noon:  Junk Workout
I didn't have a plan when I got to the gym (which is bad), so it was kind of a crappy workout.  I can't remember exactly what I did, but I did several sets of lunges with a medicine ball overhead, burpees, wall balls, some abs, and then some yoga poses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment