Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream Review

As a BzzAgent, I get the opportunity to participate in campaigns for which I try out different products, review them, and try to help spread the word.  My current campaign is for Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream, which is a tinted moisturizer with SPF that “renews, brightens, evens, hydrates and protects”.  

I was really excited about this campaign and received the product in “medium” shade.  I was concerned that this would be too dark for me, but I’d rather have it slightly darker than too light, especially since warm weather is coming up and my skin will turn a shade or two darker.  This sounded like the perfect thing to wear when I didn’t want to apply makeup, but wanted a little color and sun protection. 

Tinted moisturizers have been too thick for me in the past, and unfortunately, this cream was too thick as well.  My skin definitely leans towards the oily side (except in the dead of winter) and it just felt too thick.  I felt like I needed to use my mineral powder foundation on top of it just so it wouldn’t look sticky, thus defeating the purpose of using a tinted moisturizer in the first place.  Even after wearing it for hours, it felt like it never sunk in.  It looked good and the color, though it look rather dark, blended really well.  I think it would be perfect for people with slightly drier skin.  My mom has darker and drier skin than me, so after trying it for a few days and realizing it just wasn’t going to work for me, I pass the remainder of the tube (and a coupon) on to her.  She loves tinted moisturizers, so I expect she is going to be really happy with this one. 

I definitely recommend this product for those who have dry skin and want sun protection and light coverage – and at $10-$12, it’s a great price.  Those with oily skin probably won’t be happy with this. 

Pros:
Moisturizing
Contains SPF
Light dewy coverage
Color blends very well
Non-irritating

Cons:
Too thick for oily skin
Never feels like it sinks in

No comments:

Post a Comment