Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Recap and why it'll never be the same for me...


They're all so good!
For the last two years, St. Patrick's Day has been a hard day for me.  Not hard in the way that anything bad happens, but just that I am a little disappointed in the day.

Two years ago I was in Ireland for St. Patrick's Day with my sister and two friends.  You can't really beat that atmosphere.  I am absolutely in love with Ireland and it was just amazing.  We went to the Guinness Factory in the morning, saw a flash mob (before they were everywhere in the US), hung out at a carnival, and went to a bunch of pubs.
Look how happy Guinness makes me...



Bar at the top at Guinness
Guinness Factory
Flash Mob in Guinness Factory
At the original Brazen Head





St. Patrick's Day in Dublin, Ireland

Last year, things just didn't work out with plans after work, and I had to work the next day anyway, so I didn't do anything.  Lo made me a green beer when he got home from meeting friends because he thought I should have one.  

This year, I had a good day, but it just wasn't the same now that I can't drink beer.  I really love Guinness.  Vodka just doesn't have the same appeal on a day when everyone is drinking beer.  Luckily, my friends are awesome, so I still had a good time overall.  We went to Tilted Kilt and watched the Buckeye game and after a stop at home (and a quick nap for me due to a bellyache from sweet drinks), we met friends at Woodland's Tavern.  We spent the last few hours on our friends' porch just hanging out. 

Sadly, it's never going to be the same until I can have a Guinness!



No comments:

Post a Comment