Friday, March 2, 2012

Workouts: February 26 - March 3

Again, this workout week didn't even have a chance.  As expected, my elbow was pretty sore after the volleyball tournament, so I was limited to cardio and legs for the beginning of the week.  We left for Atlanta on Thursday to visit friends and go to a Radiohead concert (!), so no workouts later in the week.  Again, no yoga this week, which I really miss!!

Sunday: 
Volleyball tournament from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., 4 matches = 8 games (or is that reversed...I've never been able to grasp which is which, despite playing for 20 years).  We almost made playoffs (lost the deciding game by 3-4 points).  My elbow was about done by the last game - it was very tired and sore, along with my forearm.  I wore my brace in the last match, which seemed to help.  I really enjoyed playing, but it probably isn't a good idea to play in a tournament again this year since it was hard on my elbow.  If I ever want it to heal....

Monday:  
Noon:  P90X legs - I did the exercises from memory and skipped a couple that I don't get much out of and added some harder things.  Also did several ab exercises (planks, exercise ball rollouts, crunches, etc)
Volleyball: Women’s Power League (we won 2/3). We played with 5 because people are irresponsible and can't keep track of who is supposed to play when.  It was fun though and we played pretty well (until the last game).  It was our last week. :(

Tuesday:
Noon: Spinning - seriously, I don't know why I keep going back to her class.  The music is terrible (in different ways each week) and it's just not very challenging.  I really want to spin twice a week, but I'm going to have to do the other class some other night.  My legs were sore from Sunday/Monday still, which was nice (I'm one of those weirdos who loves soreness)

Wednesday:
Noon: WOD, 5 Rounds – Row 500 meters, 10 jump lunges, 10 one leg kettle bell deadlift, 10 mountain climbers (each leg), 10 situps, 10 prisoner squats.  It wasn’t as hard as I’d hoped, but I’m still trying to not use my arm a lot because my elbow has been sore at night, and I also still have the sore spot on my leg that worries me for jumping/running.  I was slightly sore the next day, so it was somewhat useful.

Thursday:
Atlanta

Friday
Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment